Summertime is here. It makes me appreciate not having to wear work clothes every day and put on my boring black loafers. It means I can do things on my own time and of my own will. It means I get out and do fun things... or I can sit around in my pajamas all day and waste my time gloriously. Sitting around gloriously wasting my time gives me the opportunity to ponder a great deal. I have been pondering about my future, sooooooo thinking ahead to my future...
I am trying to decide what I want to be/do in my future (career-wise). One option is to remain being a music/band teacher, but I'm not totally convinced that's where my calling lies. There are a few other things I've been considering and throwing around in my head, some lightly, some seriously. Some things I'm thinking are... Instrument Repair Specialist, Fine Arts Curriculum writer/implementer, UU Religious Educator (or something more involved). It is totally possible that I will continue in my current path, possibly upping my status to leadership in the curriculum writing side of things and then retire as some cute little old lady who fixes instruments out of her home-based workshop... but goodness only knows. Just some brainstorming for you. I've also thought about working for an education-related company like Kickboard that I feel really passionate about. So many possibilities...
What are your desires for your own future? Are you happy where you are or do you see your path diverting another direction?

5 comments:
I use to have plans, they were to be a band director. But if you are not great at it then it's very disheartening. But you feel stuck, stuck paying bills, stuck with your decision. Accept the fact that it's not your calling and find something else. But, you don't feel qualified to do more than be a Walmart greeter.
Any future that has purple shoes has got to be great! On the other hand, a future with comfortable shoes isn't so shabby either. That's what I've opted for: comfortable shoes and leisurely breakfasts.
It's hard to say if you're just not great at something or if a circumstance or job has simply led to you to feel that way.
Aaannnd...
Comfortable shoes that just happen to be purple are even better!!! Leisurely breakfasts sound great too.
A UU Religious Educator (or something more involved). Awesome thought.
I love the purple shoes.
Mom
RE is an interesting idea. Not sure what all it would entail. The purple shoes are my favorites. It's like clouds of happiness.
Post a Comment