Summer is finally here! There were many days throughout the school year where I felt like this...
But now that summer is here, I feel like this... (Start at 1:47)
I am trying to figure out my plans for the summer. Some big things I'm cooking up are... camping in some local parks paired with kayaking and hiking during June, traveling on a camping/sightseeing excursion in July to see my family, and possibly going to the TBA (band director) convention at the end of July. Work starts back up first thing in August, but I am so thrilled to have some real time off this summer! I also have performances with the Houston Pride Band (coordinating the parade) and with the Houston Symphonic Band (patriotic concert and maybe pops concert too). Lots going on, but it should be fantastic. I also look forward to more time at the drive-in movie theater, Miller Outdoor Theatre, swimming in the pool, and getting outside to ride my bike. :-)
New services start tomorrow at church. They're moving to just one service instead of 2 for the summer, and I joined a new growth group. Should be a good time. I'm sad that my favorite reverend is leaving, but I am sure our new one will be fantastic. Tomorrow's service is supposed to focus on science and how it fits in with faith. That should be an interesting one!
The best thing ever about summer? No weekday alarms!
4 comments:
Phew! I think I'd need work to recover from your vacation!! Hope to see you in July. I'll be gone July 11-21, but if I don't get to see you, you'll be in my thoughts.
Nancy
Lol! I have to take advantage of the time I have off. I think I'm going to be in town while you aren't, but if I end up getting there any sooner, we'll find time to get together!
How is the group working for you?
Mom
I wasn't able to commit to all of the Sundays this session, so I didn't really get a lot out of it. The two times I went had some good ideas and insights, but the group was way larger this time than last. Not so sure I liked that.
Post a Comment