Areas of Interest

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Devil's Den State Park

I awoke this morning to nature sounds and a comfortable temperature. At 9 am, I headed to Devil's Den State Park. I spent an hour hiking the Devil's Den trail, which was amazing! It had a lot of elevation changes and natural beauty was everywhere. It wasn't a very long trail, but I was exhausted by the time I was done. I didn't cross paths with anyone else on the trail, so it was very peaceful and gave me an opportunity to ponder many things. Driving to the park and around Arkansas, there are many forest-covered mountains to see. Being in the park makes you realize how tiny and insignificant you are in the grand scheme of things. It's a nice reminder. The sound of the trail 'neath hiking boots is a satisfying sound. Unfortunately all of the caves I was hoping to spy were closed because of a disease currently threatening their bat population. Check out some of my pictures from the hike!

In the afternoon, I went on another hike... So I'm posting a second blog post momentarily!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what are those little rock formations in the last picture?
Mom

Schu said...

They are called cairns and are a universal symbol usually used to mark parts of trails/hikes that are have good views or to just mark the trail. Never have I seen this monumental number all in once place. I wonder what the significance was... May need to try researching that!

Anonymous said...

Yes!