After hiking on the Ozark Highland Trail, I decided to head back closer to camp. I went over to Lake Alma, where there is a hiking trail maintained and cared for by volunteers, including the local boy scout troop. It is obviously well cared for, which was nice to see. There were several options, like doing a loop around the whole lake or doing shorter loops. I was getting overheated and tired, so I opted for the shortest option. I hiked to McWater Falls and back, totaling just over a mile. It took me about 40 minutes. Parts of the trail were steep and tough to conquer, but I did it! I even saw a turtle on the way. There were a lot of bugs on this hike, and they kept buzzing in my ear. Yes, I had a lot of bug spray on, but it rained yesterday and I was right by a lake. Something else that was cool is there were homemade wooden benches and bridges made of logs. Pretty nice trail!
After hiking, I ate lunch by the lake and then got ice cream and went for a swim at my campground pool. Later I'm grilling veggie dogs for dinner. :-D
3 comments:
I am so glad that you are living your life with fullness and venturing out to experience all the senses with which we are made to to enjoy. There are quite a few things about you, and always have been, that remind me of me. I know, scary thought! I miss hiking. It was one of my chief joys and now I am worried about trying again. I am trying to remind myself that I don't have to pick up where I left off, but just begin. Things seem to be adding up that fibromyalgia might result from untreated Lyme disease. I am going to try to find out, but I am being slow about it because I know that if it is true, I am going to be really angry. The likelihood would be that I had gotten it on a hiking trip, so examine your skin as often as you can. Delayed treatment such as mine would be, results in a whole lot being gone forever. That's why I would be angry and I don't need anymore anger than I already have. I hope you are collecting some small souvenirs, if possible. I'm glad you are keeping a pictorial record as well as the blog. My love goes with you and my best wishes for your life and happiness.
I like that the adventurous parts of me remind me of you. :-) Gotta live while I have the fortune! I hope you find out what caused the fibro, but I understand how scary that must be.
Love the pictures and the stories you share. Keep doing the things that make you happy or feed your soul. Love you, Mom
Post a Comment