Areas of Interest

Friday, July 18, 2014

Roar

Roar

Lie in the grass,
Nature's soft embrace.
Feel the sun's rays,
Heaven's smiling face.

Barefoot in earth,
Primal connection.
Surface of lake,
See your reflection.

Let nature prove
That you were once wild.
Listen to her,
Grown, unruly child.

Sync your heartbeat,
Waves crashing on shore.
Let your soul live,
And let your heart roar.

<3 KMS; 7.18.14

Love Sincere

Their hugs were warm and their love sincere.
They are the reason I am still here.
With our love came joy and sudden restriction.
A heart confused, true love stricken.
All of these obstacles were never my choice.
It seems unfair I should miss your voice.
A sincere apology means making things right.
So won't you work to grow your soul tonight?

<3 KMS; 7.17.14

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are writing poetry, and even this blog. I use my writing to process my emotions. Love you, Mom