Today I went to IKEA and got some inexpensive shelving to put up in my "cat room" so the felines have somewhere to climb. :-)
After that, Rachael and I went to the Rice University Loop, and she ran while I did a walk/run combo. It was 103 degrees outside, which was kinda miserable after awhile. I walked the 5K distance in 49 minutes and, accd to my heart rate monitor, burned 609 calories! Heck yeah. Time for a cold shower and a nice big dinner!
3 comments:
Glad you got some exercise in and that you ahve a fitness buddy. I would not suggest that you do any running right now in that sort of heat. I don't think your friend should either. Been looking for a post all day LOL.
Yeah, running is too much for 3 miles in that heat. Bad idea. Even walking was tough.
Just do what makes sense. You will get there without an injury that way
Post a Comment