Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Regional Professional Development
Today we traveled to another campus for professional development. We spent the first part in a full-group session. There are over 1,000 teachers in our Houston district. They went through facts and data, went through service awards for years in the district (I will be up for my 4-year next year). They then presented another kind of award that was based on teachers nominating each other and students judging/selecting the winner. I was really surprised to find that I, out of all of the amazing teachers in the room, was nominated for and won the award for the value of "Commit". I was dumbfounded and completely surprised. With the way the last week has gone at work, my attitude has been really poor. Winning this award and then getting to spend quality time with the other arts teachers I adore from other schools lifted my spirits considerably.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is awesome! Post it on Facebook too.
I am very proud of you.
Post a Comment