Areas of Interest

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Meal Planning & Prep


Meal Plan
I write out my meal plan in chart form on Friday or Saturday for the following week. My breakfast and lunch is the same daily, my snacks alternate daily, and my dinners vary a bit. After I meal plan, I write out shopping lists below the chart and then transfer the shopping list into an app called Out of Milk for Android or iPhone. It's AWESOME. I find that meal planning and exact shopping lists save me time and money too.

Food Prep
I don't do any prep right now because it's summer time. I just make my food as I wish to consume it. During the school year, I prepare my snacks and lunch either the morning of or the night before so I can take them to work.

3 comments:

Miss Ashley said...

I have just downloaded the Out of Milk app. Hopefully this will save me some time and money as well!!

Schu said...

Fabulous! :-) It makes it easier for me to sort to-buys and to-dos.

Mom said...

I'll have to look for the app. I can't go to the store right now because of my eyes but I'm using stuff up I'll want to replace.