Cat shelves for playing! Shelves and brackets purchased at IKEA for less than $30. :-)
Ouellette loves it! Next step will be to put something on the middle shelf for traction (possibly shelf liner or carpet scrap).
UPDATE: I used a staple gun to affix grip shelf liner to the middle tilted shelf. Here's a video of the improved set being played on. :)





5 comments:
Looks great. They seem to be enjoying it.
Thanks! Yep, Ouellette loves it. I finally stuck Sandy up there, and he was scared at first but figured it out. While he was up there, Ouellette had a fit of jealously. It was funny... I got a video of her playing on it and am waiting for youtube to finish processing the vid!! I also put some gripping shelf liner on the middle shelf since the angle was making it especially slippery. :)
That was an awesome video. Can you please post it to FB? Or can I? Speaking of which I couldn't download it but would like to save it somehow.
I'm glad you liked it! It's too big for fb, though you're welcome to post the YouTube link to it if you want. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIsJt_XBEJA&feature=youtube_gdata_player Not sure if you can save it from there? Ouellette is getting more daring, so I'm going to get some carpet tiles or fabric to put on the highest and lowest shelves and add some secure toys up top she can play with alone. Lured Sandy up there with a toy mouse too, but he's not very daring. :-)
I'm posting your link and Raymond just saw it and says"I see the cat teacher at work." He was snorting a little while laughing. He thought it was a lotta fun to watch.
Post a Comment